Travel, visit and explore best sights, attractions and activities in Indianapolis.
Indianapolis, often shortened to Indy, is the state capital and most populous city of the U.S. state of Indiana and the seat of Marion County. It is known for hosting FIBA World Championship in 2002.
- More than 28.8 million people visited Indy in 2017, with 84% coming for leisure and 16% for business.
- The money generated by visitor spending tallies more than $5.4 billion.
- The industry generated more than $1.26 billion in tourism initiated tax revenue, with $426 million going to state and $299 million to local municipalities.
- Indy households pay $967 less in average state and local taxes due to visitor tax receipts.
- $27 billion in wages were paid to the tourism workforce and downstream employees.
- Tourism fuels more than 81,600 full-time-equivalent jobs across the Indy region.
- Tourism is the 8th largest employer in Indianapolis.
- Visitors spent an average of $186 per trip.
- See what the media is saying about Indy.
- Read Indy's regional tourism master plan, a collection of strategies to make Indy a desirable place to live and visit for years to come
Take a look at Indianapolis beautiful and colorful landscapes.
4911 N Pennsylvania St (at 49th Street), Indianapolis, IN 46205, United States
5240 E Southport Rd (Rampart Rd.), Indianapolis, IN 46237, United States
7800 Col H Weir Cook Mem Dr (at Indianapolis International Airport), Indianapolis, IN 46241, United States
3645 Vincennes Rd, Indianapolis, IN 46268, United States
5380 W 38th St (at Moller Rd), Indianapolis, IN 46254, United States
If you are looking for most famous places in Indianapolis, look no further. Many travelers check out these.